I haven't been paying much attention to my blog the past week or so because my husband's company closes down for the week of Christmas, up to New Year's Day. So I've been by turns enjoying the constant company and wishing for a some time to sit back and get lost in a book. The week has afforded my husband and I some time together, which has been in very short supply since bedrest started. Basically he works full-time and also runs around trying to do everything else the house needs to keep us clean and fed. I can't follow him around, so I sit on the couch and watch him run around. I can't tell you how much we appreciate it when someone brings dinner out of the blue. It must be about the best gift ever, because it reduces Mr. Kim's stress and frees up an entire hour of time that night.
In other news, now that I got the negative ffn I am starting to make plans and rather easily include assumptions that there will be a baby along. Freed from making appointments at the fertility clinic or at adoption agencies, I have started planning short family vacations. Personally I love this site for vacation rentals.
I have rented a number of places from here, including a villa in Spain. The one we rented was rather small and located at the top of a vertiginous drive that only allowed one car to pass at a time. We had, rather stupidly, rented this huge van type thing that was a bit like touring the major cities of the US in an 18-wheel truck. We had to all get out and roll our luggage up the very long driveway for the van to make it up to the villa, but it was a wonderful place. We shared it with friends, but this sort of thing would also be perfect with kids.
We are thinking of sticking closer to home this time, but I am in love with Spain and can't wait to take my kids there. And nowadays I am allowing myself to dream of this possibility. Talk about a new year. I can finally plan and get excited about this child we've worked so hard for.
Yes, I have now given the baby a cute name (stands for baby girl because Mr. Kim and I can't decide on a name). I thought about calling her "bug," but then realized I'd been calling her Baby Girl + our last name which starts with R. Ok, so go ahead and add "R" to my cute little name and you've got "bugger." Not cute. So BG or bug it is.
I asked my daughter, whom I call "bean," to come up with a cute name and she said "If we named her Melon, we could call her Watermelon - isn't that cute?"
Status of the stats. A negative ffn is a wonderful thing. With that little test time sped up again and the days went by, if not quickly, then at least at a plodding purposeful pace. Time was aided by the addition of a gazillion movie channels thanks to my MIL (one of the aforemantioned godparents in addition to being one of the grandparents). Oh, how I love the movie channels. And my DVR.
So, I've let the stats and the goals go, or at least fade to the background. I am now 24 and a half weeks. Sat I'll be 25 weeks and next Thursday or Friday I'll go in for another ffn. I haven't even set another goal, but that next ffn is on my mind a lot. The real goal is 28 weeks and I have just over 3 weeks to get there!
Mostly though, I plot my days out according to which movie I'm recording and which one I get to view next. Today was The Holiday which I didn't exactly think was good, but which was just the right sort of fizzy movie to pass an entire morning cursing myself for crying over. My favorite recent movie was Little Miss Sunshine.
I am also reading the perfect bedrest book (for me). Julia Child's My Life in France. I love reading about her discovery of her love for food and the stories of living in post-war France. I'm most amazed at how she took to cleaning and cooking a number of really cute birdies that are considered dinner in France. I couldn't do it, and I'm not sure it would be worth the effort for the 2 tablespoons of meat a bird the size of a sparrow would yield, but you go Julia.
Right now I have to call the hospital and figure out how someone on bedrest can take a tour. Wheelchair? Would I be able to get into the rooms, or just get a tour of the hallway?
Kim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment