Well, today was the 3 hour GTT and I promised to whine about how awful it was. Sadly, I had expected it to be so bad that nothing could have impressed me as particularly torturous. It was fine. They gave me the glucose drink cold (huge difference in palatability) and the rest was just boring. Until the lab tech left for lunch and forgot my noon blood draw. Oops. The nurses were very kind and got me right back so I didn't have to wait a moment longer to eat. I joked that if I stayed much longer though, they would have to provide lunch. Well, turns out a drug rep had just provided lunch so they brought me a plate of fruit and I was placated.
Sorry. I know the fruit plate story is a pale impostor of the whining and wailing I had promised.
In other news my husband came down with the flu - fever of 102.5. I won't go anywhere near him and have moved into the guest room. I told him I won't re-inhabit that room until it's been scrubbed down like a surgical suite. Since my husband is a microbiologist, he might be able to come close -- though I'm not sure how you sanitize a down duvet. Maybe a vacuum-sealed plastic bag. Cozy.
I genuinely feel sorry for him, but my maternal instinct tells me to treat him like a pariah. A Typhoid Mary. So he is holed up in the master suite (not bad for a pariah - not bad at all), and when I have a question like, for instance, how to spell pariah, I call him on his cell. He doesn't seem to view this as the lifeline of entertainment I'd hoped he would.
My job, which was so supportive at the beginning of all this, is acting weird. In early January they were bugging me constantly to work from home a bit (which I am more than happy to do, the financial burden of bedrest being what it is). So I got a note from my perinatologist saying it was ok to essentially lay around typing on my laptop and they promised to let me know who to send it to. Now I should say that I work for a school district that is the size of some small European countries. And I'm not talking about the Vatican. Bigger than that, smaller than France. Since getting my note they have not returned one email and forget the phone and there is no way to decipher who to contact to find out what is going on. Every administrative employee seems to have an incredibly limited set of duties - "supervisor in charge of special task force on bus door opening," "mechanical pencil storage analyst," "water bubbler replenishment manager."
Wait. Am I complaining that my office won't get back to me about going back to work? Maybe that glucose drink was spiked.
Speaking of, I have been having a powerful craving for some wine and/or a margarita and/or a mojito. Mama's thirsty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Mmm, wine...I want a glass of red so bad it's driving me a little batty.
Also, ice cream.
Sorry that Mr Kim is ill, but glad to hear that he is properly isolated!
Hope that you get the work situation resolved soon.
yes, I've had visions of red wine dancing in my head too.
thanks Ms. Heathen - I think I've decided to just let the work thing drop. I'm not going to do any more unless they approach me.
Yeah...the work thing...just let it go and see what happens. Unless you need the stimulus.
Is there anything akin to wine or a margarita that sound good and you can have? Fancy sparkly juice or the mix sans tequilla?
Sorry for the sick hubby, but I think avoidance is a GOOOOOOOD option.
PS--down comforters can be washed on hot and fluffed in a dryer with new tennis balls. how I have come to have this knowledge is a long and disgusting story.
Ooh! And I tagged you with a meme! Enjoy!
Post a Comment