So it seems I have solved the mystery of the increased Braxton-Hicks contractions. Apparently I have yet another UTI. I've been plagued with them this pregnancy something awful. And they cause some cramping and contractions sometimes - apparently they make the uterus "irritable." Which makes two of us.
My husband will pick up the antibiotic and hopefully my uterus and I will be feeling more rational soon. Love me, love my bitchy uterus. She wants to call my husband right now and complain bitterly about how late he's getting home tonight and the football game he watched last night, but fallopian tubes make poor dialing fingers. Thank god she can't work the remote.
I must take a moment though to profess my love for my new ob-gyn practice. They have an "answer nurse" who will field your questions and get back to you with the right thing to do. She will make an appointment, page a dr, have them call in a prescription, etc. She is so professional and gave me more answers than the dr.'s in my old practice (who insisted I come in for an appointment every single time I thought I had a UTI - which really pissed my uterus off).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oo, the dreaded UTI...I had my first and (hopefully) only a couple of months ago and ye. gods.
With luck I'll never have another one again.
Post a Comment