Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Does the regular ob make me look fat?

I have an appointment at the regular ob tomorrow. Just the usual, and a glucose tolerance test. No biggie. I really like my new practice, the doctors and support staff are really good.

But here's the thing. At the perinatologist I'm very run-of-the-mill. They've seen a lot of women with my problems, and worse. So they are soooo happy with my progress. But at the regular ob they see someone like me once every few months, so they are always concerned and considerably more grave about the whole thing.

I feel better at the perinatologist - where they grade on a curve.

I used to feel this way about the IF dr's office. Nothing like walking into an ob's office to find out why you aren't getting pregnant and being surrounded by pregnant people. I still think of this when I'm at the regular ob's office now that I'm showing. There should be an IF signal. A way to say "me too, but look! hang in there..." Though honestly, I still see mostly pregnant people.

Anyway, off I go for some orange soda and determined leg crossing.

Kim

4 comments:

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

Maybe we'll come up with sort of a gang sign. Or maybe a bandana. I'll think about it.

Hope your test goes well today (and that you enjoy getting up and out a bit!)

Kim said...

Ha! I did find an infertility magazine in the waiting area and decided to read that and realized it did kind of send off a signal. Either that I am a little dim-witted and had no idea what I was reading, I was covering up my real magazine (Teenbeat or Guns & Ammo or something) or that I'm IF and pregnant.

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

From what I've read, you do seem like a Guns and Ammo kind of girl. Or maybe Soldier of Fortune.

Kim said...

LOL!