I can't believe I forgot, but yesterday was actually a landmark day - 2 months on bedrest. Interestingly, it snowed just after I started bedrest and it's snowing again now - it didn't do more than flurry in-between and in fact we had some spring-like weather in there.
I love the snow on bedrest. No scraping ice off my car, no worrying about traffic, just looking out and enjoying the beautiful (and rare) change of scenery out my window. On the other hand I work in the schools right now so I miss out on waiting to hear if school is closed and doing that little snow day dance.
We lived in Wisconsin for a few years and one of the few things I miss about winter there is lots of beautiful snow. And the fact that they groomed all the lakes in local parks with zambonis, which makes them into outdoor skating rinks. Just keep your skates in the trunk, and get out and skate for free whenever the mood strikes. I'm not a very good skater, so I spent most of time doing that robot-on-ice thing, because if one foot got even a millimeter out from under my center of gravity I did that thudding-then-spinning-on-my-butt thing. Much more fun than a skating rink though.
Last night I stayed up late finishing A Thousand Splendid Suns and now I wish I hadn't so I could read it now with all the snow. I could pretend I chose to sit on the couch and read. On the other hand - I just couldn't stop reading. The book is just - breathtaking.
Here's to winter and good books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you so much for your support - your kind words of encouragement really are much appreciated.
And happy two month bedrestiversary!
Post a Comment