And people said I should sell my biohazard suit on Ebay.
Just as I was really running out of anything at all to write about I got tagged by katarinajellybeana. Here are the rules:
The Rules:
1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least three people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!
1. I have terrible hair. It's fine, but there is a lot of it. It's dark brown - not a deep rich brown though. More of the color you get if you mix too many paints together. It's kind of curly in the back, straight in the front, and prone to frizziness. Yet it has no body at all so if I cut it short it looks like I painted my hair on. I'm pretty frugal, but I spend a lot on hairstylists. I've only found one who could do anything with my hair - a talented recovering heroine addict who took 3 hours for one cut and color. In college I worked in a hair salon as a receptionist and my hair always looked great -that was the last time. The owner was learning to relax - he had just decided having us clean the baseboards with a Q-Tip every night wasn't reasonable.
2. I can't say the short e, as in "ten" or "pen." I say "tin" and "pin." I'm from the South, and everyone in my family is as well. When I went to college near DC people made fun of me and assumed I was slow, so I affected a middle-American accent that has now become my own. I now regret that. None of the people who cared about my accent became my friends. And it's awkward to be Southern but not sound it sometimes.
Anyway, now that and a few serious grammatical errors are all that is left of that accent and they are surprising elements only a few people (like my husband) notice.
3. Ok, speaking of Southern, my most unhealthy addiction is to sweet tea. Not the kind you get when you add sugar to already cold iced tea. I never got that. I remember when I first moved up north stirring fruitlessly for the entire meal to try to make a chemically impossible solution (sugar crystals + cold liquid = sugar crystals at bottom of cold liquid I found out). Every sip had bitter tea and crunchy sugar granules. In my first trimester of this pregnancy Rachel Ray was talking about this very thing on the Food Network and I came very close to vomiting.
I don't normally feel that strongly about it. I have just learned to like unsweetened tea too.
But sweet tea, yes, I like the kind that is so sweet it should send one into a glucose-induced coma. I'm not that into sugar in any other preparation - I don't take it in coffee or hot tea. But every time I failed an IUI or IVF cycle Mr. Kim and I would drive straight to Chick-Fil-A and I'd get a gallon of this stuff and binge on it for the next few days.
I am so ashamed.
4. I hate to drive. In fact Mr. Kim just drives because I get so grumpy when I do. Our neighborhood in San Diego was nearly perfect. We couldn't walk to work, but we could walk to a park, a library, 2 coffee shops (one good, one bad), a great little cafe with the best breakfasts and pommes frites, a movie rental store, an art house cinema, a good Mexican restaurant and an excellent gourmet but casual place.
Now we live in the burbs and I can't say I hate it. But I can say I hate driving and I miss taking a walk to somewhere. And I miss living walking distance to a restaurant with a tequila bar.
5. Perhaps due to the influence of the aforementioned salon owner, I feel strongly that all my baseboards should be clean. So much so that I will often put this ahead of more mundane cleaning projects such as washing dishes.
6. I have a fear of having my feet trapped, so I can't sit or lay with anything heavier than a comforter on them . Luckily, I also have Restless Leg Syndrome, so if something does land on my feet at night (like say - Mr. Kim's foot), I automatically kick it off with freakish, jerky strength without ever bothering with waking up. My RLS doesn't appear to affect my sleep but Mr. Kim sometimes suffers. He's probably holding his thermometer to a lightbulb right now to get one more night of peace.
I will repost naming the people I tag. I feel very sleepy and have no sweet tea to wake me up... not that I could drink it now anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment