Sunday, January 13, 2008

family time


So I've celebrated a few landmarks lately - 26 weeks (a big one) and 6 weeks on bedrest (heading for 7 now). Nice.

Now I'm starting to appreciate some of the benefits of bed rest. We are definitely spending more time indoors and less time doing interesting family activities, but we are also spending more time just hanging out together. Mr. Kim is watching the football game, and I don't want to deny him that pleasure nor do I want to spend time by myself in my room. So all 3 of us are hanging out in the living room eating guacamole and chips. My daughter has put her Hello Kitty socks on one of the dogs. The dog is mortified but willing to put up with it for the never-ending flow of attention and the occasional chip she gets from the kid.

You know, this reminds me that the dogs are also benefiting from bedrest. They have company - boring company, but company - almost all the time now. Honestly, they aren't that exciting either. I'm sure they wouldn't turn down a walk if I could take them on one, but they mostly just chase the sunny spot on the floor all day, readjusting so they can make sure they are always napping in it. That is, except when the mailman comes. Then they put on a big show of chasing him off, teeth bared, barking at the top of their lungs, and clawing at the door. They give any delivery person the same treatment so some days they come alive 2 or 3 times, but mostly they sleep.

1 comment:

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

I love that dogs are just happy to have their pack together. Nothing special going on, just hanging out.

The Hello Kitty socks and potato chips sound amazingly cute!