Ok, so only 2 weeks until I can say that I'm "practically 24 weeks." That's 6 months pregnant by the way. That's pretty darn pregnant. Officially, it's only 4 weeks from the 3rd trimester. Honestly though, I feel more like I'm in my first trimester, probably because I've been dropped back into a time of nervous waiting and uncertainty.
Just before all this happened I had just become comfortable preparing for the baby. I superstitiously refrained from putting away regular clothes and tampons to ward off the evil spirits that will sense my comfort and let tragedy sneak in the back door. Slowly though, as the second trimester wore on, I let my guard down. Yes, I put the tampons away. We asked family for gifts for the baby rather than for ourselves for Christmas and we drug out all the old baby clothes. We sorted them and made up a registry.
But since my perinatologist pointed out that it would nice if I didn't look back at this pregnancy as a terrible, white-knuckle ride on the pregnancy roller coaster, I've decided to let go of my superstitions and get ready for the baby. Apparently this positive thinking thing is supposed to be a good approach. And I'll save a bundle on voodoo dolls and sage branches.
Today my mother-in-law will be cleaning up the room that will be the nursery (notice I didn't qualify that with an "if all goes well" - except in parentheses) and washing baby clothes that were literally gathering dust while we went through fertility treatment.
Here's to the power of non-negative thinking. Salude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment