Tomorrow is the next perinatologist appointment. I don't mind saying that my positive thinking 12-step program has stalled out a bit as I wait for another result. When I first got this diagnosis I wanted to be checked every day - more than once a day if possible. Most doctors aren't amenable to that sort of thing so I settled for once a week. After a good pep talk from one of my doctors I agreed to drop back to every 2 weeks.
I really was feeling positive in the intervening time since I got the ob appointment monkey off my back, but now I find I dread going back. I wish I could go on a Benadryl bender and wake up 28 weeks pregnant.
I find myself envious of women who only find out they need bedrest when they are well past that magical 24 week mark. Every day saves 3 days in the NICU or some such motivating thing. Heaven. Heaven, it turns out, is relative because if I'm lucky I'm sure I'll be on here crabbing about the ups and downs of extended bedrest after 24 weeks, and I doubt I'll describe the experience as "heaven" or anything like it. But it looks like heaven from here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Best of luck with the appointment tomorrow. Will be keeping my fingers crossed & hoping that all goes well.
Post a Comment