Thursday, December 6, 2007

snowed in

Snow is enjoyed entirely differently - and is a nuisance in very different ways - when on bedrest. I work for the schools so usually snow means the chance for a snow day. On bedrest it means something to really look at out the window. One can watch the snow fall, admire the snow on the ground and trees, then the snow melts providing another show. It can be frustrating though if it delays or deters visitors and it can make a short step outside too dangerous.

It also means your kid may be home all day which is both wonderful and challenging (especially if she doesn't nap any more).

Well, the kid was home today but she is really an excellent helper for the most part. She gets herself dressed, gets herself a glass of water, and plays independently for hours on end reading to her stuffed animals.

My guests for the day were not delayed or deterred and we had a nice time. And another lunch brought right to me! Today has been so bucolic I've hardly thought about my statistics for the day.

3 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Just stopping by to say hi and keep you company while on bedrest.

I_Sell_Books said...

OO, good luck on the bedrest thing, it sucks.

I've never been sure of what they mean by pelvic pressure either, I mean, I feel pressure everytime I have to pee, y'know? Which is pretty much now, so if you'll excuse me...

Oro
birchandmaple.blogs.com

battynurse said...

To me that sounds like the 2nd best way to experience snow. The best would be to see it on the mountains from say a hundred miles away. Good luck with the bedrest, it doesn't sound like much fun but whatever it takes right?