Saturday, February 16, 2008

Today we had a party for all of the Bean's friends. A Hearts and Flowers party which, in my opinion, concentrated all the best parts of the holiday into one 2-hour love fest. Refreshments included brownies frosted with cherry flavored frosting and covered in glitter and other love-themed sprinkles (just hearts and lips - god, you are sick), and heart-shaped cupcakes with strawberry frosting and more of the same. If unicorns or strippers could bake, this is what it would look like.

Best yet, the party was full of friends enjoying the mere idea of hearts, flowers and the consumption of refined sugar products.

I'm sure I could go somewhere deep with this, something about how maybe we shouldn't limit ourselves by confining this to a celebration of romantic love, but we should party down in honor of love in any form including friendships. But there are still some brownies left over and, though I've played fast and loose with the acidic and spicy foods tonight, I don't yet have heartburn. Yet.

This Valentine is for all the friends (IRL and blogosphere) who supported us through infertility, loss and a scary-as-all get-out pregnancy. SWAK

No comments: