Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm FREEEEEEEE!

So the verdict from the perinatologist today:

- cervix unchanged after 3 weeks of increased activity (still 2.5 HUGE centimeters - a full centimeter longer than my shortest reading 2 months ago).

- no fetal fibronectin because my cervix is in the NORMAL range. Yes, I do mean to shout NORMAL. It's a term that has been used far to seldom to describe my reproductive situation.

- baby is doing fine and measuring 4 lbs, 11 ozs (about 2.15 kilos). This puts her on track, if I go to term, for a birth weight of about 9 pounds (4 kilos). She's a big girl, which explains why I have now grown out of 2 entire sizes of maternity clothes.

- I can return to work next week. I think it will, if nothing else, make time go by more quickly.

So, somehow, somewhere along the line, things have gotten all normal. I couldn't be more honestly, genuinely thankful. I'm thankful the baby is healthy, I'm thankful for my rockstar cervix which allows me to relax and enjoy pregnancy a bit, I'm thankful I can do some fun things with the Bean before the Bug arrives. I just couldn't, couldn't, couldn't be any happier to be free of being scared. All those assisted cycles when I tried to imagine what a positive test would feel like - the thing I imagined I am only just now feeling today. When I got the positive way back in August, my history of miscarriage overshadowed my endzone dance. Then the shortened cervix and the bedrest, and all the other worries continued to overshadow my excitement. But today, I'm just happy, just excited.

I think I'll celebrate by downing a bunch of cranberry juice and laying around for a few hours while I still can.

Kim

3 comments:

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

What an OUT_FREAKIN_STANDING bit of news!!! I'm so so so so excited for you. Sounds like the kiddo is doing great and Wow...that rockstar cervix!!

Your post made me so wildly happy for you I can barely stand it.

I_Sell_Books said...

Woohoo!! Fantastic news!!

Ms Heathen said...

That is such fantastic news! I'm so pleased that now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Am raising a big glass of cranberry juice to you!