Things are going better for the most part. The apnea monitor hasn't had a real alarm yet. We have had a few "leads disconnected" alarms. Which is not one decibel quieter than a real alarm. Since the leads are connected to the actual monitor through about 5 feet of cords and wires, there are plenty of opportunities to disconnect the leads as we tromp around the house like Jacob Morly. The dogs seem to think it's a leash, or at least they did until they got tangled up in the cords, which led to the auditory equivalent of a shock collar. That got them thinking maybe they didn't want any walk this thing had to offer.
I don't go out much, but when I do see people I know I'm careful to prepare them for the sight of her hooked up to all this. Because I'm pretty sure some people think that rather than monitoring her it's keeping her alive. Nope, that's our job should anything happen. Whenever I go on a walk I have a sick cycle of scanning for good places to do CPR. As soon as I find one and make a plan, I have to find a new one because I'm too far from the old one. I'm not sure when this will ever stop. Will I be imagining kicking the cheap carnation arrangements off the stage, tapping her feet and checking for breathing while she walks across the stage to accept her kindergarten diploma? Would it be unreasonable to have an AED strapped to her back when she plays soccer?
Then again I wonder if people just think we have her hooked into our iPod. likes: breathing and The Postal Service. dislikes: turning blue and Mariah Carey.
Otherwise the Bug is doing well. She went 4 hours and 3.5 hours between feedings last night, which made up for her being a fussy, feed-every-hour-and-a-half, baby all day.
Now I think I'll wash the thin verneer of sticky, dried-on milk off while the rest of the family is taking a walk. It's a good idea, I've found, in a yard with a lot of bees to try to be as milk-free as possible before heading outside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Goodness - You need someone to take care of you! Hoping this corect very soon for you and bug.
Post a Comment