So far so good with the Bug. No new alarms except for the ones when I pull the leads out, which happens often and is followed by a string of foul, foul language or euphamisms for foul language if the Bean is home ("son of a truck driven' fool - I hate this piece of cake!"). I am so glad to have it for peace of mind, I really do love it. And I want to beat the shit out of it with a baseball bat.
I bought my husband a pair of Re.ef flip-flops after out English Setter chewed his other pair. The soles have several very fancy-looking layers that are supposed to denote lots of support and comfort and so on. When they arrived my husband was happy to find a key to pump the support up and down - but wait, no, it doesn't do that. After turning them around a few times we figure out that each shoe actually has a tiny flask in the side! We ordered them from Pi.per.lime, which mentions nothing about the contraband booze smuggling capabilities. Sadly, we are a bit past the point of having any need for sneaking hooch into anywhere (a little vodka never hurt a PTA meeting a bit though). Maybe we could use them for breastmilk.
So things are settling back into something approaching normal. Not too normal though. I spent the morning with the business end of a vaginal sono probe (will it ever end?) to see if I have retained placenta. I've been bleeding off and on (mostly on) since the delivery. That's going on 9 weeks now. I had this with the bean and it mostly adds up to more quality time with the the probe and some drugs to induce cramping that never work, then a D&C. This time I went to yet another sono tech who had some nice music playing... until it got to an R&B song with lyrics that went something like this "Baby i want this night to be just right, it's got to be for what I'm going to do to you..." And me with no champagne in my flip-flops! Eck.
I'd like to wrap this up nicely, but the connection to my brain has failed.
*update* Fuck. I do have retained placenta so they are going to call me at some point to schedule an emergency D&C. Again with the diagnosis 8 weeks out, again with the initial advice to "wait four weeks" and see how the bleeding goes, then emergency surgery. So I assume I can make plans to be having a hysteroscopy around the holidays as well.
It feels a bit like having a house professionally decorated then boarding it up and posting an "Absolutely No Trespassing" sign out front, but ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
we are reef wearers and i recently aw the ones with a bottle opener on the bottom as well... who puts their drink on the bottom of their shoe willingly?
I need to learn the latest 4 letter word trend... son of a trucking driver ..piece of cake, Love it.
I am so sorry to hear about your emergency surgery. That is just so awful
I'm so sorry to hear that you are having to go in for surgery, but very happy to read that you haven't had any more scares with the Bug.
Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery after the D&C.
Post a Comment