Saturday, March 29, 2008

she's home!

So the Bug is home and rocking a bilirubin level of 11 that didn't change at all last night! She has another blood draw tomorrow, but we're hoping it will stay down and we can stay away from the hospital until she breaks a toe sledding or some such happy ailment.

Today the Bug is home and I can't help but think of the journey that brought us here:
June 2004 - breastfeeding much less but no period. Dr's tell me it's stress.
November 2004 - periods return but very light. We start trying for #2
March 2005 - ob-gyn says my very, very light periods are normal. I don't believe her.
May 2005 - we switch from HMO to PPO, I seek 2 second opinions
August 2005 - 1st surgery confirms Asherman's Syndrome and Endo
Sept 2005 - second look, no return of scarring
Oct, Nov 2005 - try again, luteal phase max of 10 days now.
Dec, Jan, Feb 2005-2006 - Clomid cycles, all BFN's
April, May, June 2006 - IUI's - all BFN's
August-Sept 2006 - IVF. BFN.
Nov 2006 - move to DC
Dec 2006 - find a great new RE after 2 others say "no hope," turns out he trained them. He finds flaws in past cycles and says he can get me pregnant.
Jan 2007 - waiting to start cycle find out we got pregnant on our own!
March 2007 - miscarriage at 10 weeks after heartbeat found late and slow at 9 weeks.
March-May 2007 - break, trying to decide what to do. Start going to adoption seminars.
August 2007 - BFP on our own again!
Oct 2007 - 12 week sono all normal. All tests coming back normal. Throwing up like crazy.
Nov 2007 - 18 week sono, shortened servix found. A week later it's a cm shorter. Bedrest assigned.
Dec 2007 - cervix gets very short (1.6 cm), but 2 days later is longer again (2.0).
Feb 2007 - bedrest alleviated after 28 weeks. Nothing terrible happens. I go back to work. I'm huge and uncomfortable.
March 2007 -she's born at 36 weeks. We think we might lose her, don't, then spend a terrible week visiting her in the NICU watching her try to fight bilirubin because my blood type (O) has made antibodies to hers (A). While I was freaking out over accidentally taking a bite of lunch meat, my blood was giving her the whatfor in utero.
March 29th 2007 - happiness. Please let it last.

2 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

So glad she is home safe and sound!

Ms Heathen said...

This has been such a long and complicated journey for all of you, but I'm so glad that the Bug is now safely home.