It's been a low-blog week here. All 3 of us came down with the flu - luckily Mr. Kim got a very mild fever-free version and my mother-in-law was visiting and could help (lucky for us, not so much for her since she got to step into a swirling vortex of germs for a week).
The Bean and I have been spiking fevers, sneezing, and enjoying that feeling of accomplishment that a productive cough brings with it.
And of course there are the completely normal but mounting discomforts of late pregnancy which delivered the knock-out punch to any amount of sleep I was getting.
Luckily it hasn't affected my mood at all. It has heightened my senses though. For instance, I noticed last night how deafeningly loud the microwave popcorn bag is when Mr. Kim scrounges around in it for the biggest possible handful that he can progressively stuff into his mouth (bite, chew, shove a little more, bite, chew, shove...). I've been handing out handy tips based on my heightened senses, but like so many geniuses, I'm constantly misunderstood.
No labor yet, no signs of labor, but I am 34 weeks today! That was the big, big, finish line way back at 19 weeks when it all began. I'm now only 3 weeks to full term and officially handled by the regular ob - no perinatologist although I have one more appointment to check on the baby.
Kim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry to hear that you've all been struck down with the flu - hope you feel better soon.
And congratulations on hitting that 34 week milestone!
Thanks, it's been fairly awful really. It's times like these that you appreciate the simple things in life - like breathing out of both nostrils simulataneously.
Post a Comment