Wow, what a misnomer of a title. Our days are mostly spent in the fluorescent lighting of the NICU.
Lately the Bug has responded well to the triple light therapy for jaundice, and is getting close to ok levels. The problem is that last time she did well they took her off the lights and the bilirubin bounced right back up. So I'd prefer to keep her lit up for a while just to make sure the jaundice is on the run.
The jaundice makes her lethargic which affects eating. She eats less and eating and pooping and peeing clear out the toxins, so that's a problem. She also started having trouble breathing while eating again when her bilirubin when up again.
In news about me I miss her so much when I'm not there that I can barely stand it. On the other hand, when I'm there I'm a nervous wreck watching the stupid monitors. My dogs have proven themselves to be worthy therapists. They somehow know when I'm sad and come over. If I cry they lick my face. Both of my dogs are rescues and one appears to have had babies. I wonder if she just gets it.
Here's the power of blogs. When I'm in the NICU feeling the click-click and zoom of the roller coaster ride, I think of Flotsom. When I'm sobbing while I wash dishes I think of The Liminal Universe and so on. Not that it's exactly the same, but I don't know many people IRL for whom it's so close.
Thanks all you bloggers.
1 comment:
she looks like a diva!
Post a Comment