Tuesday, March 25, 2008

She's here


So the Bug made her appearance rather unexpectedly on Friday March 21st at 10 PM. More details to follow when I start breathing again. After a difficult delivery she didn't look too good and the doctors prepared us for the worst - which didn't happen. Thank god. Thank god. Thank god.

She had a lot of bruising, which is going away. Then she had jaundice, also going away. Now she sometimes holds her breath while feeding. Apparently this last thing is quite normal but it is completely terrifying and, take it from me, if it's your long longed-for baby, watching it happen will spark a 2 hour crying jag.

I'm home, she's still in the NICU and will probably be coming home soon (maybe as early as tomorrow). She's perfect. She's beautiful. I'm terrified all the time. I am so glad for the blogosphere that prepared me, as much as is possible, for life in the NICU.

6 comments:

I_Sell_Books said...

Aww, congratulations!! I hope she comes home as soon as she's fit. :)

AwkwardMoments said...

Congratulations to a beautiful baby girl

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

HHHHOOOOORRRRAAAAYYYY!

She's beautiful!

I can imagine you're feeling a bit overwhelmed, but just to hear that she's perfect helps ease my heart.

Congratulations Mommy!

Ms Heathen said...

Congratulations, Kim!

Here's hoping that the Bug will be back home with you very soon.

Soapchick said...

Congratulations!!!! What a beautiful little girl.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Congratulations! She's perfect.