Sunday, April 13, 2008

mothers milk

Oh the irony. The Bug has been fussy with gas and pooping discomfort so - since I'm breastfeeding - I have to change my diet. First and foremost I have to eliminate all dairy products from, you know, my milk. There is something confusing and circular about the whole thing.
Anyhoo...
No more dairy, no more nuts of any sort, no soy, no eggs, no chocolate (sound of record scratching). Ok, I drew the line there. If all else fails I'll give up chocolate, but come on - what are the chances it's because of my square of dark chocolate every night.
The really strange thing is that since I've been on this elimination diet (about a week and half now), my mouth tastes like milk all the time. Cruel world.
In good news... wait, bad news it doesn't seem to be working very well. Over the weekend the Bug actually slept - so I actually slept. But with the start of the week and no back-up for me, she stopped. In the past two nights I've slept about 4 hours total. I've stopped the charade of going back to bed even.
So maybe I'll be able to go back on the dairy. On the other hand, I'd like some sleep. Cheese or sleep? A question as old as time.

1 comment:

Ms Heathen said...

Here's hoping that you can find some magical solution, which means that both the Bug feeds better, and that you can get some more sleep.