Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Breakfast with no rest

Oh man, I knew this would happen. I knew once the baby was born I'd look back on bedrest fondly as a time when I could sleep all night, then top it off with a nap midday.

The Bug has some sort of thing that makes her grunt all night. And every once in so often she spits milk up through her nose and gags on it. This is terrifying and ensures that even when she is sleeping I'm not. I have my ear plastered to the monitor and jump up to check on her with every odd noise (which she makes a lot of).

So as it turns out the anxiety never truly ends.

I have no witty turn of phrase. I'm not sure why I'm awake now (the Bug, interestingly, is sound asleep but now it's daytime and I can't sleep).

No comments: