I'm still here, still reading and still commenting but not blogging much since work started. It has been craaaaazy. I have a huge caseload at work, continuing ed units to finish by Dec 31, and 4 different schedules to coordinate.
The Bug was 6 months old yesterday! She is doing great with the notable exception of some nasty eczema. Like blistering and oozing nasty. We've gone to the dermatologist, the pediatrician, and back to both. It's kind of under control, but never really goes away. And all we have to do to achieve this dermatological purgatory is smear steroid cream all over her every night! It's that easy!
When I got back to work I found that they had taken the sick leave I didn't earn back last year out of this year. So I have 3, count 'em 3! sick leave days this year. Wait, 2, I already took one. I guess technically I can have more but I just won't get paid for them. And I've got a cold.
It's like the entire time I was on bedrest I was pulling back this enormous rubber band and when I went back to work I let it go. I'm not sure how to finish this metaphor, I'm either being catapulted along working hard at work, working hard at home and having absolutely no safety net of sick days. Or, it continues to smack me harder each day for every day I laid around worrying my ass off (apparently literally). Pick your metaphor.
As shitty as all that sounds and as much as I just whined.... I'm really happy and I never, ever forget how long and hard I worked longing for just exactly this brand of exhaustion. Failed ART cycles, bedrest, shortened cervix, 9 days in the NICU... I'll take some exhaustion if that's the toll for having my heart's desire fulfilled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for stopping by and leaving some encouraging words. It is great to scan your blog and understand a little better what *can* be. I'd love to make it to 36!!!
Meredith
Post a Comment